Low carb nutty rhubarb crumble & clotted cream (v)
Living a low carb lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to miss out on pudding! This recipe for low carb nutty rhubarb crumble with clotted cream will be sure to curb that sweet tooth.
Low Carb Nutty Rhubarb Crumble & Clotted Cream (v)
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook time 15 minutes
For the crumble filling:
1 tsp. Granulated Stevia
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
For the crumble topping:
100g Ground Almonds
50g Desiccated Coconut
1 tbsp. Granulated Stevia
2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
30g Pecans, roughly chopped
20g Sunflower Seeds
100g Butter, melted
6 tbsp. Clotted Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C, then prepare the rhubarb by removing the leaves and chopping it into chunks.
- Place the rhubarb in a large saucepan with about an inch of water and sprinkle over the Stevia and vanilla. Stew over a low heat.
- Whilst the rhubarb is stewing prepare the topping. In a bowl combine the ground almonds, coconut, Stevia, cinnamon, nuts and seeds. Mix well, then add the melted butter.
- Use a spatula to stir in the butter until it resembles a crumble, then evenly spread the mixture over a lined baking sheet.
- Place in the oven for 2 minutes, then remove and check the crumble. If necessary, use a spatula to turn the crumble over a little.
- Place back in the oven for 2 more minutes, or until it has crisped up. Be careful not to burn the crumble topping.
- When the crumble topping is finished pour the stewed rhubarb into an oven proof dish and sprinkle over the topping.
- If you want, you can place it back in the oven for a minute or so or serve immediately with the clotted cream.
Nutritional values per serving
Calories 559 kcal|Carbohydrates 7g|Total Fat 56g|Protein 7g|
Macronutrient ratios per serving
Carbohydrates 5%|Total Fat 90%|Protein 5%|
For more delicious low carb desserts, you can download our Low Carb Dessert Cookbook when you sign up for the Low Carb Program.